APM Terminals Pipavav loads first ever private LPG rake
GPPL [APM Terminals Pipavav] created historical milestone by loading the first private LPG rake at the port on 22nd January 2024 along with terminal partner Aegis Vopak Terminal Limited [AVTL]. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. [BPCL], the importer operated the rake carrying appx 1100 MT of LPG from Port Pipavav to be distributed to the hinterland. With Indian Railway board permitting the other players to move LPG by rail from port Pipavav, the port is ready to capitalize on its excellent rail connectivity to import LPG and distributing it to the customers through the environment friendly rail route.
GPPL, located on the western India is well connected to the hinterland through rail and road. In fact, GPPL is the first Indian port connected with the environment friendly DFC [Dedicated Freight Corridor]. The port with LPG rail sidings right inside the port can accommodate a full LPG rake. GPPL loaded 1120 LPG rakes within 2 years of commissioning of LPG rail siding at the port.
Creating an APMTerminals.com account allows you to:
- Subscribe to our Global or Terminal Newsletters
- Set up Terminal Alerts (SMS or Email)
- Save import containers to your Container Watchlist and set up container Email Notifications
- Use our integrated Truck Appointment System - limited terminals
- Request additional services online - limited terminals
Something went wrong with your account
Something went wrong…