In addition to standard quay and marine services you would expect from a modern well equipped container terminal, we also offer a number of additional services to meet both global and local requirements.
Out of Gauge (OOG) & Break Bulk
With Out-of-Gauge Cargo, the dimensions of the cargo exceed the flat rack or open top container by length, width or height, but a container can still be used. Out of Gauge cargo includes things like propellers, flanges or trucks.
Break Bulk significantly exceeds the size and/or weight of a standard container and is therefore handled as non-unitised cargo and normally placed on a bed of flat racks with a large number of lashing points. Beak Bulk cargo includes things like yachts, masts, industrial machines or train carriages.
At a glance
- We take care of special transit permits and customs clearance
- Specialised equipment and experienced stevedoring teams
- Book direct for better value
- We’ll help find the most cost-effective solution
- Strategic intermodal connections
- Warehousing and storage offered for OOG and Break Bulk
Many of our larger terminals offer dedicated barge berthing. Discharging and loading of containers at the stack, and the majority of operations involving barge cranes are fully automated, offering speed, reliably and efficiency.
This also applies to most operations involving the barge cranes. Discharging and loading the containers onto and off the barge are the only processes that are carried out manually, as this benefits from eye-to-eye contact between the barge captain and the crane operator.
At a glance
- Sufficient depth for the largest barges
- Barge cranes capable of loading and unload the largest barges
- Dedicated barge container storage stacks
- Automatic handling of containers to barge cranes and stacks
- Fixed Windows for barges
- Real-time container status information
For a small fee, we are also able to offer a safe vehicle loading and discharge service for barges.