Truck Appointment System (TAS)
We know that time is precious. That’s why we’re on a mission to eliminate every wasted second, banish every misspent minute, and maximise every hour. Our global Truck Appointment System (TAS) hands you the controls to book, merge and reschedule slots to drop-off and pick-up containers. With a pre-scheduled pick up, your container will be waiting for you on arrival, not the other way around.
The TAS offers a fixed number of appointments for each time slot. This is determined by the availability of people and equipment at the terminal and customer demand. The slots are colour coded, so you can easily identify the quieter and busier times at the terminal. By spreading visits to the terminal smoothly throughout the day, this also reduces traffic around the terminal and at the gate. Pick-up and drop-off is guaranteed during your chosen time slot, for the fastest possible turnaround.
- Reliability: Once an appointment is confirmed loading is assured.
- Efficiency: Faster Truck Turn Times and less queuing
- Ease of Entry: Information is provided when making the appointment, so no paperwork at the gate and no surprises
- Reduced costs: Faster pick-ups/drop-offs means more transactions per day
Our global TAS has been developed in response to the needs of our customers. You spoke, we listened - and now offer - a digital solution that reduces truck turn times, streamlines gate access and improves planning. Watch this short introduction to learn more about the benefits.
How does it work?
Accessing TAS couldn’t be easier…
- If you don’t already have one, create an apmterminals.com account here.
- Visit Truck Appointments under Dashboard in your terminal website. On your first visit, you’ll be prompted to request permission to access the TAS.
- It’s very intuitive. For a quick tutorial see the video above.
- Further instructions are available on the terminal website under E-Tools and training sessions will be provided by the terminal if required.
Our industry-leading Truck Appointment system is a global solution, which means we’ll be rolling it out rapidly. It is currently available or planned at:
APM Terminals Liberia, Monrovia
West Africa Container Terminal, Onne, Nigeria
APM Terminals Algeciras, Spain
APM Terminals Bahrain (Due Q1 2024)