Before entering the terminal you must show identification at our security check located at Port Entry. At the entrance hall, please take a ticket at the queue ticket machine for visitors. After registration, you will be further directed to the closest terminal gate. Please remember to bring valid ID-card.
Terminal Users - Passcard
The Port of Gothenburg is classed as a "protected area" and this includes areas within the APM Terminals Container Terminal. In order to reinforce access security and to be able to follow up area responsibility at each port facility, cardholders should carry their passcard so that it is clearly visible. This is enforced through random checks. Any abuse will be investigated and may result in the card being confiscated for six months or more. All rules below are applicable for all areas within APM Terminals Gothenburg.
- Your passcard is personal. If it is loaned to another person or used in any other unauthorized manner the card will be confiscated and action will be taken. Passcard holders may be denied access to the port facilities for a minimum or six months if passcard privileges are abused.
- Cardholders must be able to produce valid photo ID upon request.
- Cardholders must follow the regulations and traffic rules in force within the Port of Gothenburg area. (Information is available at all gates).
- Cardholders are responsible for ensuring that accompanying passengers are reported on entry. Passengers are not permitted in container reloading areas. This does not apply if there a separate instructor agreement exists between the haulage company and the Port of Gothenburg.
- If a passcard has not been active for three months the card will be blocked automatically.
- Personal details are stored in the Port of Gothenburg entry/exit system.
- Contact the passcard administrator at 031-368 76 68 if you need to make any changes to your passcard account or if the card is not to be used for longer periods of time.
- When the card is used for the last time it must be returned to Port Entry, Ytterhamnsvägen 1.
If you would like to receive an email reminder a month before your passcard is due to expire, please provide your email address during the safety induction or contact our Customer Service team to set this up for you. Contact details can be found on this page.
Pass cards and PIN-codes
Pass cards and PIN-codes are handled by Avarn at Port Entry. This includes applying for and collecting permanent cards, registering and updating PIN-codes.
Avarn is open weekdays 05:30-23:30, weekends 8:00-16:00.
Tel: +46 31 368 76 68
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)