Container Weighing (VGM)
APM Terminals Gothenburg has the equipment ready to weigh your units seamlessly while receiving the cargo in terminal. To ensure your valuable cargo always remains safe, we only use highly trained and experienced operators, and suitable equipment.
With Out-of-Gauge Cargo, the dimensions of the cargo exceed the flat rack or open top container by length, width or height, which may result in other equipment than a straddle carrier being used. APM Terminals Gothenburg has taken this into consideration and will still be able to weigh your goods whenever gated into terminal.
To receive your certified VGM from our terminal, please Order VGM before unit gate-in. Please note that all of the information requested is required for us to carry out your VGM order.
VGM-requests after gate-in will be charged according to our standard tariffs “Weighing of containers not pre-ordered”. For new customers, please follow the instructions in the New Customer Registration box below.
If you freight your goods with Maersk or Sealand, kindly reach out to them for the container weighing service. Should your order and acquire weight from APM Terminals, your company will be charged for the service directly according to our Terminal Tariff.
- While unit is lifted from chassis, the straddle carrier may idle up to 10 seconds in order to stabilize for weight processing.
- Drivers with OOG cargo arriving to terminal are advised to enter in Out-of-gage lane in Gate 4 where they will be advised of loss location.
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)