April 14 2021
Modernized Terminal Safety Advisory: Chassis pins & E-Stop Button
We are experiencing many drivers failing to unlock their chassis pins before entering - help us by reminding your drivers to always unlock their chassis pins in the K-Rail section before the ingate pedestals.
- It is critically important drivers conduct this task and ensure the pins are completely unlocked before initiating a transaction Modernized terminal section/TEL (Truck Exchange Lanes).
- Drivers that do not ensure their chassis pins are completely unlocked / fail to unlock the chassis pins will receive a safety citation and fine and will be required to take our on-line STEP class.
- Remind your drivers to read their routing ticket to ensure they are selecting the correct size chassis for their import pick up - having the wrong size causes delays. The driver is responsible to understand the transaction they will be performing.
E-Stop (Red Button) for Modernized Facility/TEL Truck Exchange Lanes:
Many drivers are pushing the RED E-STOP button for NON-Emergency reasons. Please remind your drivers to use the CALL BOX to speak to a clerk if they need assistance.
- The Emergency Stop (E-Stop) button on each of the TEL’s (Truck Exchange Lane) kiosks is intended to be used for emergency purposes only.
- Please instruct your drivers not to push this button for any other reason. If the driver needs assistance there is a call box located next to the kiosk.
- Drivers that push the E-Stop button for non-emergency purposes will receive a safety citation and fine and will be required to take our on-line STEP class.