Any Sealink Card carrying truck driver that wants to work at APM Terminals Port Elizbeth must complete our Safety Induction Quiz to access the terminal. This is an effort to ensure that all drivers are educated on the APM Terminals safety policies in advance which should improve safety awareness and reduce potential violations.
Check the Safety Induction status of a driver by entering their Sealink # here. As the trucker safety induction is associated to a driver's Sealink #, please note that whenever a driver changes his/her Sealink # they must re-take the Safety Induction quiz. Driver's DO NOT have to retake the induction if they switch companies, as long as they keep the same Sealink number.
- Download the Visitor HSSE app. (See box for links on this page) or visit the online HSSE Induction.
- App only: click the truck-driver icon (top of screen) after entering your Sealink # and Company
- Watch the safety video (≈11mins)
- Take the quiz. Once passed, you will receive confirmation
Drivers who haven't completed the Safety Induction
Any truck driver that enters our gate without having completed the Safety Induction complete will receive a ticket stating “No Safety Video. Go to Exit A” . Driver should then follow the route below where they will be able to complete the safety induction using the instructions above – DO NOT proceed to Drives Assistance.
Effective 3/28/2022, all pool chassis (i.e., Trac, DCLI) are to use Lanes #14-24
- If a driver with a non-pool/fleet chassis enters In Gate Lanes #14-24, the driver will get a trouble ticket and must exit the terminal through Exit. Drivers Assistance will not be able to assist with these trouble tickets.
- Inbound live reefers should continue to use In Gate Lanes #1-2 regardless of the chassis type.
- Unlock Pins in pinning station prior to advancing to inbound gate.
- Empty Dropoff Only: Driver must exit truck and open doors for the TIR mechanic to preform empty inspection before reaching gate kiosk.
- The gate process will begin once driver advances to gate kiosk and driver should insert their Sealink card once prompted on the screen.
-If Processing Data screen is not displayed, the driver can press the ‘Call Button’.
- Driver should be prepared to provide appointment number and SeaLink number
- Driver can receive one of three types of tickets:
1.Good ticket with Yard Location
2.Trouble Ticket for Driver’s Assistance
3.Trouble Ticket for Exit A
-Do not modify appointments after driver passes through OCR IN stage
- Do not back out of in-gate lanes
- If ticket does not print, driver must proceed to Driver’s Assistance to re-print their ticket
- If a driver receives a trouble ticket at Port Elizabeth, they are instructed to "Driver's Assistance Parking Area" located inside the gate, to the right. There is clear signage to then call 833-APM-TELZ to get assistance.
- At Driver's Assistance, trouble clerks will assist driver and/or contact one of APM's analysts in our Terminal Solutions Center.
- After the problem has been resolved, the driver will proceed to one of two DA kiosks, insert their sealink card and take the new ticket.
Stamps are no longer required to exit the terminal, except for outbound full and empty reefers.
- All reefers (empty & full) still require a stamp from reefer roadability.
The Express Roadability lanes are closed.
Outbound loads do not have to stop at Roadability unless chassis repair is required.
- Lanes #1-3 are designated for chassis repairs on pool chassis only: tires, lights and mudflaps.
All empties must stop at Lanes #4-11 at Roadability.
- Truck drivers with outbound empties that fail to stop at or circumvent roadability will be issued a citation as a warning for first offenses.
- Second offense will lead to a two (2) week suspension
-The gate process will begin once driver advances to gate kiosk. If Processing Data screen is not displayed, the driver can press the ‘Call Button’.
-Please follow Gate Clerk instructions if prompted.
-Driver will only receive an outbound ticket if they are picking up a container.
-Do not back out of out-gate lanes
-If ticket does not print, driver must proceed to Driver’s Assistance to re-print their ticket
Driver must have COMPLETE ticket to exit terminal
New Trouble Ticket Messages at Out Gate
a. If further inspection is required, driver will receive a trouble ticket directing him/her to outbound roadability Lane #12. The TIR inspector in Lane #12 will determine if there is no damage, or condition (if minor or major damage).
b. Major or Minor damage on outbound loads, if safe to move over the road, will be updated in the system and allowed to proceed to out gate.
c. Empty containers
- (if Minor damage) – driver will need to return the container to the yard and pick up another one.
- (if Major damage) - driver will be directed to M&R area, Row 219, to drop the empty and will need to return to yard to pick up another one.
Chassis pinning station
a.A New chassis pinning station was installed after the eight (8) outbound gate kiosks right before entering the CBP RPM portals.
b.Drivers do not have to stop for Security, but they should stop to pin their chassis before entering the outbound CBP RPM portals.
c.Drivers should not stop in the Yard or at Roadability to pin their chassis.
-Drivers exiting the terminal with outbound empties are also allowed to pin their chassis while inside the roadability garage.