Managed by APM Terminals and located in Aliaga, SOCAR Terminal will be the first container terminal in Turkey to accommodate 18,000 TEU capacity vessels. Today, the terminal is managed by APM Terminals and remains the largest container terminal in Turkey’s Aegean Region.
Equipment and facilities
- Annual capacity: 1.5 million TEU
- Draft: 18m
- Container quay: 700m
- Container storage: 42 Ha (+6 Ha off-terminal)
- General cargo: 150m berth / 10m draft
In 2012, APM Terminals joined forces with Petkim Petrokimya company (a subsidiary of SOCAR) to develop the largest container port in Aegean Region. With an investment of USD 450 Million the terminal was developed in two phases, with the first phase commencing operations in December 2016. The second phase commenced operations in September 2017.
In 2018, APM Terminals divested its share of the Terminal to partner SOCAR and the terminal changed its name from APM Terminals İzmir to SOCAR Terminal. APM Terminals signed a long-term agreement to continue managing the facility, offering high operational standards of reliability, safety, sustainability and customer service.
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)